Windows user always has the problem with windows update , you might have tried all the ways to stop it but won’t work this method will definitely work .
Windows automatically download the latest updates without permission and this eats lots of data and slows down your speed.
How to stop auto download windows update
This method is simple and too easy , you just need to run few commands in the command prompt and you can control the windows update from auto download
Steps to Stop Windows Update Download in Windows 10:
- In your Windows 10 OS, press the keyboard buttons Win + X, and there select the Command prompt option that will open in the admin access.
- To stop windows update , execute the below command in the command prompt
net stop wuauserv
3. To stop the Background Intelligent Transfer service , execute the below command
net stop bits
4. To stop is Delivery Optimization , execute the below command
net stop dosvc
5. That’s it now your windows update services has been stopped and to resume it run the below commands
net start wuauserv
net start bits
net start dosvc
That’s it, you are done. Now your windows, updates services can be resumed and paused easily.
So above method was all about To stop a Windows Update Download in Windows 10.